The 2022 Inter League match is to be held on Saturday 20 August 2022; 13:30 for a 14:00 start.
It's a Club match between the four G&F Colour Squads (Red, Green, White, Amber), each represented by a number of triples teams drawn from their own colour squads, with each team playing in several short matches against teams from each of the other colour squads, and 'with team handicaps'. If you are in one of the G&F colour teams and wish to play, please add your names to the invitation, when published, on the G&F Colour teams' noticeboard.
The schedule for this and similar events is shown here.
Inter-League One-Day Competition
The Inter-League Competition has a unique set of Club rules:
- It is a single-day event, on a day designated by the Committee.
- The four G&F League 'Colour' team captains will each enter 3 teams of Mixed Triples from players in their respective 'Colour' Team 'squads', and signed up to play in this competition, for a total of 12 teams in this event.
- Each team (of the 12) will play a total of 6 matches, against teams from each of the three opposing 'Colour' Leagues.
- The event will have 6 rounds, each with matches of 3 or 4 ends (determined on the day).
- Each player will bowl 3 woods.
- A scorecard with shot counts must be returned from each match.
- Points will be awarded for each match in each round, with a win worth 2 points and a tie worth 1 point.
- A handicap system applies (at event level, not per match), and is applied to all teams only after all match results are in:
- A Div 1 team gains no points
- A Div 2 team gains 2 points
- A Div 3 team gains 3 points
- A Div 4 team gains 4 points
- The resulting team totals, at the end of the event, are modified by application of the handicap. The event winner will be the Colour team with the then-highest number of points.
- In the event of a tie on points, then shot difference, then the result of any match between tying teams, then 'by lot', will be used to determine the event winner.